Monday, November 10, 2008

A weekend of firsts....

So we had quite a weekend of firsts! First kid party...Norah's first Halloween. Randy and I had our first date without Norah...thanks to grandma Byrne! Norah's first wedding reception. Lots and lots going on that weekend!
And I think it's the first time I remember November being so warm! It's been in the 70's (now of course last night it took a turn for the worse and we actually have snow on the ground!) Only in Michigan can you be out in a tank top one day and then a couple days later be looking for your winter hat! But I was thankful for the all the warm weather. It has allowed Norah and I lots of opportunities to get out of the house and be outside, which she loves!! Norah and I went for lots and lots of walks. Sometimes a couple a day just to enjoy the last bit of nice weather before the winter settles in and to meet up with other friends and hang out outside!
We were chillin' in the hammock one day....I think she likes it as much as I do!!! Ahhh...such amazing November weather....I could handle this all year long.....Norah even having a few moments rocking in the hammock by herself to pose for a few pics!

Taking a few moments to lay in the leaves and pose!

It really was so nice for Randy and I to get a few hours to ourselves. Even though Norah is such a great baby and so mellow that we really can take her with us most places and she's typically so easy going and laid back it was nice to have a few hours for just us again. We hadn't done that in 9 weeks!! We actually had a wedding that afternoon that was at the same church where we had gotten married at 3 1/2 years ago so that was fun. After the wedding we just went for a little walk downtown and stopped and had a glass of wine and just chatted. It really was nice. Even though I was totally having anxiety about leaving her that day and cried a few times! (other moms have told me this is normal...good to know!) And funny enough we were leaving her with quite the veteran....grandma Byrne who had 2 of her own and Norah is her 5th grand-baby so it wasn't that I worried about her it was just the leaving her...she was literally with me for 9 months and then I had only left her for brief periods since she was born to take yoga classes and that was just with Randy! So hopefully I will get better at this! :) And after we were out it was nice to just enjoy each other again!

A few pics from the wedding reception. The reception was for Joe and Anna. Randy and Joe have been best buds since they were born! And Randy was the best man and gave a pretty funny and sincere speech!

Lovin' on our little girl! Proud parents we are!
The groom giving away kisses to another girl!

The crazy guys and the silly bride!

1 comment:

josh and michele said...

hi jen! i read your post below about the Moby wrap...and I decided to buy one! I was frustrated with my sling and it sounded like you love the Moby - I love it now too! Lorens falls asleep the second I put him in it. thanks!
love michele