What an appropriate time of year to celebrate Earth Day! A time to remember to value nature and do what we can to be an eco-friendly family which we are trying with the food we eat, the things we buy and try to buy used, our energy consumption at home, recycling and reusing, the cars we drive (well I guess the Honda counts but the good old '93 jeep that is still hanging in there is a different story! But hey it's paid off and simple so I guess for now that trumps the eco-friendly and we don't live in a perfect world but like I said we are trying!!!) ...and overall trying to avoid being a disposable family!
We love that spring is here and it seems everything is coming to life....including us! It's been a long winter and we are just so excited to get outside and be able to enjoy some fresh air and all of the fun adventures that come with the warmer weather. This is why we love Michigan...when the weather breaks there is soooo much to do and explore. The last few weeks have had some beautiful warm sunny days and I've had Norah out a lot in the jogging stroller (which I must say is one of our favorite baby purchases!!! Randy found it at a gargage sale last summer for $20 and it's in good condition and is getting lots of use already...reduce, reuse, recycle--right??!!). We even went rollerblading in the park and just pushed her in the jogger. Love it!
Here are a few of our latest outdoor excursions:
We found a new little place not far from home that had some nice hiking trails so we headed out and put Norah in the backpack for her first ride in that through the woods. She loved it....didn't do much but look around at all the new things to see. It makes me realize all the small details and how to her everything is brand new. Opens my eyes to see things sometimes I tend to not stop and notice.







No comments:
Post a Comment