Little Norah Grace arrived on Thurs. August 28, 2008 at 9:08 pm. She weighed 7.2 pounds and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is unbelievable!! We are absolutley crazy about her! She has already brought so much joy to our lives. There are so many times we just sit and stare at her and watch all the cute little things she does....it's funny how much time can pass by when we are just staring at her! The whole process from pregnancy to the birth to now is so amazing and such a miracle. I am still in awe of it all.
My pregnancy was GREAT!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED being pregnant!! The first trimester was tough because I was so exhausted and felt sick so much but after that I felt amazing and was able to stay really active throughout. I did lots and lots of yoga which I know helped with the labor and delivery aspects!!
The labor was tough for sure! About 10 hours long from the time the contractions really started kicking in. Nothing quite prepared us for that....no amount of reading or talking to other people can completley prepare you for that process! But in that it was so beautiful too...the transition from being pregnant to bringing this little life into the world. Complete miracle! And through the pain of it all Randy and I totally connected on a new and deeper level....he was an amazing coach/partner whatever you want to call it! Amazing! I love him so much and that just took us to a even deeper level in our relationship. It was also a very empowering experience for me as well....to be able to grow life for 9 months and then to have such a long intense labor and then to give birth to our little girl without pain meds made me feel like I could do anything after that!! (Even have another one!! ) :)
Our midwife (who we love!) actually let Randy help deliver her so that was a really neat experience for him. He was a bit surprised to see that she was a little girl. Everyone had been telling us for months and months that they were sure we were having a little boy because of the way I was carrying the baby (we had opted to not find out and be surprised!). So we started to really think that we were having a baby boy so Randy had to look a couple times before he told me the baby was a little girl!! But yes what a beautiful and amazing experience for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment