Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ER Visit.....

So little Norah had her first hospital visit last week at just 6 weeks old! She woke up with a terrible cough that almost sounded like she was choking! So of course I got really nervous and called her dr. and we went in to see her that morning. Norah was worrying me so much because she was hardly eating (and she's a good eater for sure! ) and acting so lethargic...just not her self. So we get to the doc.'s office and she listens to her chest and takes a temperature, which thankfully she wasn't running one. and then recommended we go to the ER because she was still so little and not much of an immune system yet and the dr. just wanted to make sure she was ok and that it wasn't anything serious because apparently at this age things escalate quickly into bigger deals than they need to be. Sooooo...off we went to the ER! All the while Randy is in California coming home from our friends wedding so I'm just beside myself worried and crying and he's stuck in an airport in California! We got to the ER and they did a few tests on her and we were there for awhile and thankfully everything came back negative and they decided it was probably just a little viral thing and let us go home. She had a pretty bad cough for most of the week and was terribly stuffy but overall she is getting back to her normal self and we are so thankful for her health!!
So after we knew she would be fine I had to take a picture of her first bandaid! I think I might have cried more that day than she did!! She was a little trooper!!

No comments: